Bristol, TN, United States
Aug 08, 2023
The Business Office Clerk is responsible for daily operational duties in the Business Office, supporting each and every customer and employee as required.
• Experience: 1 year excellent customer service in a high volume setting.
• Education: A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership Skills: Organizational skills, as well as the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced office.
• Computer Skills: Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Level of Independence: High level of ability to work independently and be able to properly prioritize the work to be done.
• Physical Exertion Requirements: Light Work as defined by the Bureau of Labor Statistics
• Schedule Flexibility: Able to work some weekends as required.
• Driving History: Driving a college vehicle is not a requirement of this position, but submission of driving data is required.
• Procedures Commitment: The candidate must adhere to any and all King University policies as detailed for all employees in the Employee Handbook or specifically per any department, such as Admissions, Business Office, Financial Aid, etc.
• Christian Commitment: The candidate must have and be able to articulate a personal faith in the Lordship of Jesus Christ and support the mission of King University.
• Assist customers as needed, including, but not limited to customers at the counter, US Mail, email and telephone
• Deposit funds daily at appropriate financial institutions via remote deposit system
• Verify daily cash received and prepare the weekly cash deposit
• Order all Business Office supplies as needed by personnel
• Receipt mailed payments
• Maintain the following:
o Hand stamp postage inventory and purchase as needed
o Photocopiers on the Administration main floor and the postage meter, ordering all supplies – including paper – and call for service as required
• Assist the Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist in mailing student statements (regular and pre-billing statements) and student loan statements
• Order flowers as directed on behalf of King University
• Mail overnight or 2nd day shipments and maintain supplies and pick up packages from Bookstore
• Shredding and reorganization of non-current files as needed and prepare for the attic
• Maintain spreadsheet for outside scholarships
• Cross train for backing up Business Office Personnel as required
Multilingual/Bilingual Candidates Preferred